Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have created a monster...

Yes I think I have created a monster!  Our 4 year old daughter Ivy would be the character of the family, and tends to absorb EVERYTHING I say.  Sometimes, it is a great thing and sometimes... not so much.  I have been teaching her that it is important to get her exercise and eat right and some other tips I have learned throughout my time training.  Ivy is very set on being healthy and I am proud that she cares enough to follow through with that choice.  I think it will definitely make things easier for her when she gets older.  Here are just a few things she has retained:  she knows that white sugar is bad, that fruit has good sugar, "but juice has a little more sugar so we just have a little bit", that veggies are good for you, cheese has "kinda a little fat" in it, and that "we want big, strong muscles, but not too big- we don't want to look like boys", and now, that protein ice cream is so yummy, etc.  Yes... she is a smart little girl and she has learned a lot.  But now she is telling kids who eat "crap food" (that's what we call it here) that they are not being healthy.  She asked Bennett (her brother)  "why don't you want to choose healthy cereal?"  That didn't going over too well, but it was funny to watch the in depth discussion:)  Hopefully we can find a healthy balance between the two! 

P.S.
Here is my lunch today-

1/2 huge zucchini from the garden, cut into strips
4 pieces of all-natural turkey chopped
1/2 all-natural spaghetti sauce
1 tbsp  Parmesan cheese:)
   Throw in a bowl and heat for 1:30 minutes
 YUM!

230 calories  16 g protein, 13 g carbs, 5.5 g fat
It has about 900 mg of sodium because of the lunch meat and sauce, so that's a little less than half of your daily intake.  Just watch your sodium the rest of the day and you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment