Monday, August 23, 2010

Lemon protein bars

My daughter and I made lemon protein bars today, and they are sooo good.  I am usually not much of a baker nor do I really like cakes all that much but this recipe is really healthy and super moist.  I got this recipe from Jamie Eason, a fitness model and spokesperson for bodybuilding.com, and I think it will feel any cake "void" you may be having:)    It makes 16 bars and 2 = 1 serving.  Calories 86  Fat 1g  Carbs 10 g Pro 9 g
Here are the ingredients:

1 cup oat flour -  you can just grind up regular oatmeal
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 qt mix Lemon Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup Splenda
8 oz baby food applesauce
4 oz water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix oat flour, vanilla whey protein, salt, baking soda and crystal light, in large bowl.
Mix egg whites, Splenda, applesauce and water in a bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
Pour ingredients into dish.
Bake 23 minutes.

I didn't think to take a picture until after Ivy and I ate one for our snack:)  Try it and let me know what you think.  I know it is made with Splenda, but if you eat these types of desserts every once in a while that will kill those cravings and still be loaded with nutrition you will be okay... far better than a candy bar or soda!

2 comments:

  1. So I just found this blog, i LOVE it! Kayli you are absolutely beautiful from the inside to the out! You have such a great take on life and everyone who has / will meet you will learn something from you and be a better person! I know i have and i value my friendship with you! Call me soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you!!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, well, except for last night for 2 seconds. We need to get together- maybe just a girls night:) Let me know what you have going on this weekend.

    ReplyDelete