Monday, August 16, 2010

A Pratical Atheist

   These last few weeks at church has been on being a practical Atheist.  This may be a shocking title to some, but all of us act like one at some time in our life.  I on the other hand, probably do things on a weekly basis that would make me look like an Atheist.  Let me explain-  I love God and say He is the center of my life.  Does my life always show that.... no.  In the past I have been selfish with my finances, I have hard feelings toward people in my life that have hurt me in the past, I judge people who I know have potential to do so well in life and yet throw their gifts away, and I want to make sure I am the one planning my life the way I see fit.  All of these things show that God is not the center of my life or has any part in my life whatsoever!
    I became a Christian when I was 11 and have always believed that there was a God since I was 4, probably.  But if I am honest, until recently, I have not been continually growing as a true believer.  Going to church on Sundays was good enough for me, and even if I missed a week or two every month I could handle that.  It says in Jeremiah 2:32, "Does a young woman forget her jewelry?  Does a bride hide her wedding dress?  Yet for years on end my people have forgotten me."  Who in their right mind would forget to wear their wedding dress on their wedding day?!  That is like the main decor of the whole event!  God is the main event in my life.  He is the reason I have life, and yet I put myself above all so many times. The past sermons have been on how believers will not forgive, how they are selfish with their money, how they judge others, and how they do not put God first.  I am that person, but I am going to continually seek God's word and pray about everything.  Whether it is about my family, friends, the way I train, the people I connect with, the house my husband and I buy, or anything else in life-  I want to live how God wants me to live.  His plan is perfect... whenever I get in the way I screw it up!


P.S.  On a MUCH lighter note, I created an awesome treat last night for dessert.  This makes a perfect 6th meal for anyone who struggles with late night sweet cravings.  I blended 6 oz of my all natural, no sugar added  Silk soy milk, with a scoop of my chocolate protein powder and froze it for about 2 hours and.... you have chocolate ice cream!!  So good, and only about 200 calories:)

No comments:

Post a Comment